my presence is a present kiss my ass: youmooveme: butterscotchcreys: This just brings me back to wondering...
This just brings me back to wondering how much of the offensive bullshit Glee spews the cast really sees.
the closest i can think of is maybe darren around the biota episode, where he said in some interview that he had a few gay friends who…
I think sometimes we give the cast way too much credit when it comes to being able to spot offensive things, tbh. I adore Chris, but fandom tends to overlook or write off a lot of what he says because we love him so much - he talked about how great and interesting Kurtofsky would be now, he makes a ton of slut-shaming and even ableist comments, and so forth. There are also times that the cast has a completely different take on things than we as an audience do, either because they get to ask questions of the people who wrote it if something bugs them and the explanation may make more sense, or because they get other scenes that we don’t see. For example, I’m still really offended that in an episode about how wrong it is to treat gay kisses differently than straight ones, they pretty clearly cut out a Klaine kiss. but if they filmed a Klaine kiss and it got cut later, neither Chris nor Darren would necessarily be out there railing about unfairness unless it was brought to their attention.
This is all to say nothing of the fact that different people find different things offensive or problematic, and just because some people have the knowledge, training, and experience to be able to see certain nuances and issues doesn’t mean all people do. Everyone brings their own experiences to the show, and if something resonates for one of the actors or they think it makes sense for their character, they may see something empowering where we see something that’s horribly offensive. Keep in mind how many different opinions there are on whether an episode is offensive just within fandom itself - there are people who LOVED OMW. I found it the most offensive, patronizing, disgusting episode I’ve ever seen. To expect the cast to automatically agree with a particular mostly-popular opinion about what is or isn’t wrong is kind of its own problem.Source: butterscotchcreys
- insaneandproudofit reblogged this from fabfemmeboy
- fckyeahitslauren reblogged this from kim-is-a-klainer and added:
- initiatingslutmode likes this
- soundoftherain likes this
- trionerd likes this
- allthemadnessinmysoul likes this
- fabfemmeboy reblogged this from trionerd and added:
- trionerd reblogged this from cheeriobutts and added:
- daxterdd likes this
- cheeriobutts reblogged this from trionerd and added:
- rainwasheseverythingaway likes this
- kim-is-a-klainer reblogged this from trionerd and added:
- butterscotchcreys reblogged this from cheeriobutts and added:
- michelina likes this
- sexyglances reblogged this from butterscotchcreys and added:
- butterscotchcreys posted this